Wednesday, April 23, 2008

This is an OUTRAGE!

Okay, so I'm making the daily (or should I say hourly..) rounds and I come acrossYahoo's list of the 25 worst rappers and i'm reading it, it seems pretty reasonable until I come to number 8.. WILL SMITH, one look at his name on that list made a tear come to my eye (but not really). The Fresh Prince is a PIONEER of this rap shit like it or not. And when I was a kid I was "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" and I know you were too.

"8) Will Smith: The people who vote in the Grammy Awards might very well be drunk when they do so. Or maybe they don't listen to the records they vote for. Now rap music wasn't really enjoyed by the "establishment" back in the 1980s, so they were primarily guessing at what the "kids" were listening to. And "Parents Just Don't Understand" was obviously a pretty "wacky" "rebellious" little number with all that clever rhyming! And Will Smith was certainly still "safe" enough to not inspire too much controversy. Which is exactly why he's a lousy rapper. And why Smith got out of there and into acting before everyone caught on."

smh @ this fuckery.

CLASSIC SHIT:

0 comments: